We want to make sure your application goes smoothly. The following steps will guide you through the process. If you have a question, call an enrollment adviser at 1-877-895-3276 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to help!
Summer courses begin May 30th. For your best chance to be accepted into the program, please be sure to send us all of your application materials, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement, at least one month before classes start. Please refer to our Course Schedule for expected course dates.
Admission to the UW Master of Science in Health and Wellness Management program requires:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited university and a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for a provisional admission and should contact an enrollment adviser for more information.
- Prerequisite coursework in personal health, anatomy and physiology or human biology, intro to psychology, and elementary statistics. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of this coursework. Please contact an enrollment adviser for details.
- Your resume.
- Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic).
- A personal statement of up to 1,000 words describing the reason behind your decision to pursue this degree, your short- and long-term career goals, and the value you believe you will add to the learning experience of your fellow students. Space for the personal statement is included in the online application.
- International Applicants Only:English Proficiency: All applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit (within 2 years) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (http://www.toefl.org) scores. Official score reports must be sent directly from the testing agency to each university to which you are applying. Other English proficiency score results may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Financial Aid Options
Financial aid is available to students who qualify. See our Tuition and Financial Aid page for details.
How to Apply
While you are free to apply on your own, many prospective students find great value in speaking with an enrollment adviser first. Our friendly staff is here to answer your questions, talk with you about your career goals, and help you ensure that this program is a good choice for you.
Step 2. Apply to your preferred home campus using the University of Wisconsin System Online Admission Application. A nonrefundable $56 application fee is required for most graduate degree-seeking students applying to a UW System institution.
Step 3. Send your resume and letters of recommendation, and arrange to have your official college transcripts (from each institution you attended), sent to the graduate student admissions office of the campus to which you applied.
Formal admission to the program will be determined by the campus to which you apply. Please refer to our FAQ page regarding any specific requirements.
Help from an Enrollment Adviser
Our enrollment advisers are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Fridays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT, or by appointment.
Call: 1-877-UW-LEARN (895-3276)
We’ll be happy to answer your questions and help you apply.