Transferring Credits

How Credit is Awarded

Credit is awarded for college-level coursework completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). (Foreign institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education in that country.) Courses must be similar in nature, level, and content to a course in our undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our academic programs. Continuing education courses, graduate-level courses, and courses that are remedial, technical, vocational, or doctrinal in nature are not transferable.

Courses completed at other colleges or universities that have descriptions closely matching the descriptions of courses taught at the home campus will generally transfer as direct course equivalents.

If you have completed coursework at a University of Wisconsin or Wisconsin Technical College System campus, you can use the University of Wisconsin Transfer Information System to evaluate how your credits might transfer to your Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness Management home campus.

Once you have been admitted as a transfer student and confirm your intention to enroll, your home campus will conduct a complete credit evaluation.

Ready to start a new career in the exciting field of health and wellness management? Call 1-877-UW-LEARN (895-3276) between 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. CT Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, and 9 a.m. to noon on the first Saturday of the month, or email us anytime at