Online Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Programs
The online University of Wisconsin Health and Wellness Management bachelor’s and master’s degree programs were developed with advice from industry experts across various disciplines. Program outcomes are specific statements of the things graduating students should know and be able to do, and are based on current industry standards and best practices. You’ll graduate with a competitive edge and confidence that your skills and knowledge will match employer needs and expectations.
UW Health and Wellness Management bachelor’s and master’s degree programs teach different skills and abilities, and offer different program outcomes.
A graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness Management will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with fundamental knowledge of human health, population health, behavior change, and healthcare benefit design.
- Create a compliant, strategic plan for a comprehensive worksite wellness program.
- Engage leadership across all levels to encourage the inclusion of wellness in the organization’s vision.
- Propose appropriate policies to promote healthy lifestyles and wellbeing.
- Apply marketing and communications strategies to promote wellness programs.
- Use technology such as social media, digital health coaching, mobile applications, and wearables to support wellness program goals.
A graduate of the Master of Science in Health and Wellness Management will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with best practices in behavior change facilitation.
- Understand ethical and legal issues relevant to health policy and wellness management.
- Analyze the interrelations among health providers and key stakeholders and understand how these relationships influence healthcare systems.
- Determine the impact of current wellness initiatives on an organization’s workforce, and develop compliant, strategic plans to improve the programs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing, including analysis, evaluation, communication, and promotion.
- Integrate information technology and communication strategies in the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs.
Have questions about UW Health & Wellness Management online programs? Talk to an enrollment adviser.